Welcome to South Hylton Surgery
The doctors and staff at South Hylton Surgery are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We aim to provide our patients with high quality, accessible care in a safe, responsive and courteous manner.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma, atrial fibrillation, COPD, stroke and diabetes ect. We offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups. Please see our clinics and services page for information.
Our surgery is committed to providing high quality GP service in a well organised, modern and friendly setting. The practice aims to provide the highest quality health care available under the NHS to all it patients with a well-trained and motivated primary health care team. This surgery website will help us to keep all our patients up to date with news and information about our practice.
Urgent care services in Sunderland are changing
Patients in Sunderland will be able to access NHS urgent care services more simply and closer to home after 1 August 2019.
From 1 August 2019, the best way to access NHS urgent care services will be to contact your GP practice or local pharmacy, or call NHS 111 when they are closed.
Urgent care is for minor injuries or illnesses which need medical attention the same day, but are not serious enough for the Emergency Department.
From 1 August 2019, these will be the main urgent care services for patients in Sunderland:
- GP practices – collectively providing extra appointments in evenings, weekends and bank holidays. These can be booked through your GP practice, at one of five locations around Sunderland, Washington and Houghton.
- Pharmacists - local pharmacists are highly trained and provide free, confidential advice on minor illnesses from sickness and diarrhoea to hay fever.
- Urgent care centres at Pallion or Bunny Hill health centres, open 10am-10pm Monday to Friday; 8am-10pm weekends and bank holidays, no appointment needed.
- NHS 111 - if you have an urgent need which is not life-threatening, NHS 111 health advisors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you get the right medical attention for your needs.
To find out more, please visit www.sunderlandccg.nhs.uk.
Did you know you can now view some of your medical record online?
Please ask for details at reception, you can now;
- View/request medication
- View Allergies/Adverse reactions
- View Immunisations
- View your read coded information
- Update your details
All facilities in the practice are on ground floor level including a disabled toilet. There is a ramp at the entrance of the building providing access for patients using a wheelchair
Text Messaging Service
South Hylton Surgery are now able to contact you via SMS messages, if you are happy for us to contact you in this way please update your telephone details with the surgery.
Do you have a smart phone?
Our new MJOG text messaging app allows you to receive text messages and appointment reminders. To download this simply type in 'MJOG' into your app store.
The car parks are private property and are managed by Horizon Parking Ltd on behalf of the owners of the building. The car parks are managed by a mobile parking attendant. A parking charge notice of £80 will be issued in circumstances which are detailed in the signs which are displayed in the car parks.
ALL VISITORS PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR REGISTRATION TO RECEPTION UPON ARRIVAL FOR EXEMPTION
(Site updated 13/08/2019)