SOUTH HYLTON SURGERY
PROTOCOL FOR VACCINES FOR LATE TRAVELLERS
- Ask the patient to complete and return a Travel Risk Assessment Form at least one week before their appointment. These can be obtained from reception.
- Ideally the appointment should be 6-8 weeks prior to travel.
- If the travel date is between 3-6 weeks prior to travel the Practice Nurse will need to assess whether there is sufficient time for the vaccines to work effectively.
- If the travel date is 2 weeks or less you will have to contact a travel clinic.
- Any difficulties in carrying out the points detailed above please speak to the Practice Nurse.